Training school Education staff as EU Project Managers
- TEACHERS (pre-school, primary, secondary, vocational, adult, special needs)
- TEACHER TRAINERS
- CAREER OFFICERS (Educational guides and counsellors)
- HEAD TEACHERS/PRINCIPALS/MANAGERS OF SCHOOLS/ORGANISATIONS OFFERING ADULT EDUCATION
- OTHER MANAGEMENT STAFF (paid or voluntary, in the institution/organisation)
- NON-TEACHING STAFF (administrative)
Course language: English
The course will focus on three subjects (three modules, developed under COMENIUS project "PROMETHEUS"), dealing with the European Project preparation and management:
- Aspects of European Integration (European law, European economics, EU history, EU educational policies, etc.);
- Co-ordination and Management of European Projects (including terminology and linguistic peculiarities language usage in the European project management);
- Use of New Information and Communication Technologies in European Project Preparation.
PREPARATION: the participants shall prepare presentations on their own experiences concerning involvement of their educational institution and the country into the European projects, level of their personal knowledge/skills in the three above subjects and personal needs and expectations for the course.
Objectives: to provide the attendants of the course with all the necessary information for development and management of the European projects. This task would be achieved via introducing the participants with the main EU issues, project management peculiarities and usage of modern IST possibilities. Participation in the course would provide better participation opportunities for the educational institutions and teachers from the periphery having less experience of involvement in transnational projects.
Methodology: professional lecturers would give lectures on the above issues; participatory methods: group work, perception and communication exercises, short presentations by participants, individual feedback by the group and the trainers.
Outcomes: participants would be much better equipped with knowledge and skills to face on the transnational cooperation activities on the European scale. Follow-up: the participants of the course would be asked to send general description of their European project activities to the organizers of the course, according to a certain questionnaire. This feedback would be placed on the internet as an on-line presentation. the group would Also have a server work space for exchange of ideas. The course participants would receive certificates of attendance.
Dr. Vygintas Grinis, has more than 30 years of pedagogical experience in IT, Public Administration, European Affairs. The main occupation is in Self-government structures and diplomacy.
Dr. Vaidotas Viliunas, assoc. prof. of Insitute of Europe. Doctor degree (equiv. Ph.D) in chemistry. Has 5 years experience in lecturing "Project Management".
Ramunas Kubiliunas, master in Information Technologies, PHD student.